I'm not much of a seamstress but I think they turned out ok.
I used flour sack towels, ribbon for the sash and super cute fabric from Hobby Lobby.
I cut each towel in half.
Then rolled the cut side over twice and pinned. I didn't iron the seam down, it probably would have been easer if I had. If there is a cheater way to do something, I'm all over it. (perhaps that's why my projects don't always work out...hmm something to think about another time)
I tucked and pinned every 3-4 inches or so and then sewed the top and bottom of the folded seam.
Then I cut a 4 inch strip of fabric (I alternated the stripe fabric with the butterfly fabric shown above),
tucked and pinned it, then sewed a line a little to the top of center.
After everything was sewn, I washed and dried the aprons to fray the ruffles a bit. Since I sewed the strip above the center line, it folded over and created a double ruffle. A happy accident that ended up really working out. I then ironed everything. Pretty simple. Wish us luck that the party goes well and that my daughter's friends like the aprons and have a good time!
PS don't be jeaous of my polka-dotted pj bottoms! :)