I can hardly believe how fast November has gone already. 1 week from today is Thanksgiving! Crazy! I joined about a million other people at Walmart today shopping for the yummy food we're going to make. Yay! We get to host our family again! I am pumped!!!! I'll share more about my cooking process within the next wekk.
Since it is the month of gratitude, I have been writing in my journal (almost) every night for the things I am grateful for. Some of them have included
- our newly fixed DVR- I don't watch a lot of tv, just a few shows, but I had to go 3 whole days without my tv and I was pretty darn unhappy about it.
- doctors and modern medicine- I've been sick with a funky virus that caused a sinus infection and a strange rash for almsot a month. Today is the first day (after 2 dr visits and 2 different prescriptions) that I am feeling pretty good!
- that my kids are for the most part self motivated. They come home from school and immediately do their homework without a lot of prodding from me. I'm so thankful that they are such great students and get good grades! Hallelujah!!
- for my husband's job. A few years ago he got laid off. It was really rough! Luckily he was able to find a job within a few months and I am so grateful for that. Of course the pay off is that he now travels every week Monday -Friday. I'm not saying that it's easy and there are a lot of times it makes me downright unhappy but all in all, I'm so grateful for his job that allows me to stay home with my kids! PS If you are a kidnapper and want to capitalize on my husband's absence, he is home sporadically and I have a big baseball bat that I'm not afraid to use. :)
- my son's MDO (pre school) class. He learns a lot, has fun and I am able to have just a little bit of time to myself. I was able to go treasure hunting at Goodwill and Home Goods today. I totally scored and can't wait to share my fun finds.
- I am also thankful for my Savior, my family, my wonderful friends and the chance to have this blog.
2 questions for you- What are your plans for Thanksgiving? What are you gratful for?