It all started with this little beauty I picked up at Goodwill.
Monday, February 28, 2011
My kids are sick. Like way sick. The littlest started throwing up on Thursday. Lovely. The bigs thought it looked like fun and joined in at 3:00am on Sunday. Even lovelier! All 3 of them are still sick. So in between my laundry doing and carpet scrubbing I decided to do a little something for myself. For my sanity.
Friday, February 25, 2011
When I was in the planning stages of my bedroom redo, I couldn't figure out what to put on either side of my bed. After thinking and pondering -oh the hard work of coming up with an idea for bedroom art :) I came up with an inexpensive and easy idea.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Monday, February 21, 2011
There are many talented people out there, with lots of fantastic ideas to share. With my recent bedroom makeover, I gathered ideas from many places.
I love this paint treatment. It's a stencil. I will probably add some molding to the top and bottom of my walls.
From Liz Marie
I love this wall. I love the randomness of the white plates. I do have plates up on my dining room wall, but I think this is going to look fantastic on the dark grey walls in my bedroom.
Thursday, February 17, 2011
It's been busy!
I've been cleaning up a LOT of this...
working on making over my bedroom...
being the supervisor while my sweetie changed out a light fixture...
doing LOTS of this...
but hardly any of this (notice the pan is empty)...
definitely way too much of this...
giving our 2 year old guppies (seriously are they supposed to really live that long?) a new home...
and editing an engagement photo shoot I did for some friends (don't cha love that aqua brick wall?)
Still to do:
- put the finishing touches on my bedroom
- paint my bathroom and frame that ugly builders mirror (seen above in the light fixture picture)
- paint the kids' bathroom
- supervise while the sweetie changes out the light fixture in that bathroom too
- get my stinkin drivers license renewed. I tried to do it yesterday but I didn't have proof of residency. Even though nothing about my living status has changed and I've never even been outside of the the United States- I have to dig out and take in my birth certificate. So annoying.
- and try not to come down the the funk that has kept my daughter home from school the past two days.
Even though it doesn't sound like fun, I love my life and wouldn't change it for anything!
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Monday, February 7, 2011
Sometimes I am a little slow to get in on a trend. I've seen birds and owls around for a while and didn't care for them too much at first. But I've been slowly breaking down and now I love owls. What better way to celebrate my new love then to make a little somethin' somethin' to display.